In preparation for our unit on The Odyssey, you will complete an annotated bibliography. For each source, you must include the correct MLA citation, as well as a descriptive paragraph that will help you quickly recall the main points of the book, chapter, or article.
Using the library databases, research your selected topic. Scan each source you come across to determine whether it is worth reading in full. If so, read the chapter or article, and then add it as an entry to your annotated bibliography.
Guidelines for Sources:
Guidelines for Paragraphs:
* Flawless MLA formatting both within entries and on the page as a whole
Suggested search terms (this is not an exhaustive list):
Trojan War Trojan Horse Helen of Troy King Menelaus Odysseus Achilles
archetype epithet epic epic hero King Priam Homeric simile
Ancient Greece Homer bard minstrel Greek myth mythology
Greek religion monotheism polytheism pantheon oblation Olympus
Olympian Greek gods/goddesses rhapsode Laocoon King Agamemnon
Andromache Hector Apple of Discord Iliad legend
1. All library resources used for this assignment are on reserve.
2. There will be a reserve cart located near the circulation desk in the library.
3. All students working on the assignment can and should help to build the reserve collection.
4. Items on reserve may be checked out overnight only (checked out at the end of the school day and returned before classes begin the next day).
5. Items may be placed on Hold using Follett Destiny:
a. Go to the library page on Blackboard.
b. Click on the Follett Destiny icon.
c. Click on "Ursuline" to link to our collection.
d. Click on the login prompt in the upper right corner and log in using your Blackboard login.
e. Search the catalog for the title you would like to place on Hold.
f. Click on the title.
g. Click on the "Hold It!" button located on the right side of the screen.
h. You will be alerted via email when the item is available for check out.