Choose one of the topics listed below and research what English society generally believed about it during Shakespeare’s time (1564-1616). You will then analyze whether Shakespeare reaffirmed or rejected those beliefs based on how the topic is portrayed in Macbeth
1. Become acquainted with the UA resources for academic research
2. Conduct thorough research on a topic using credible sources
3. Create an annotated bibliography to summarize and reflect on resources
4. Write an analytical paper using both historical research and textual evidence
1. Annotated Bibliography
2. Analytical Essay
1. The Supernatural: Is this a Dagger Which I see Before Me?
2. Gender Roles: I Dare Do All that May Become a Man
3. Loyalty to Royalty: Hail Thee that Shalt Be King Hereafter
1. All library resources used for this assignment are on reserve.
2. There will be a reserve cart located near the circulation desk in the library.
3. All students working on the assignment can and should help to build the reserve collection.
4. Items on reserve may be checked out overnight only (checked out at the end of the school day and returned before classes begin the next day).
5. Items may be placed on Hold using Follett Destiny:
a. Go to the library page on Blackboard.
b. Click on the Follett Destiny icon.
c. Click on "Ursuline" to link to our collection.
d. Click on the login prompt in the upper right corner and log in using your Blackboard login.
e. Search the catalog for the title you would like to place on Hold.
f. Click on the title.
g. Click on the "Hold It!" button located on the right side of the screen.
h. You will be alerted via email when the item is available for check out.