Assignment: In your table group you will present and try to convince the class that your colonial region is the place to move in the North America.
*You are essentially teaching the class about your region.
Format: You may do any of the following to present your information…
- *Info must be presented in a clear and engaging fashion (2 point)
- New England (MA, CT, NH, RI)
- Middle Colonies (PA, NJ, NY, DE)
- Chesapeake (VA, MD)
- South (NC, SC, GA)
Required information: (2 points each)
- Who is moving to the region and why? (Men, women, families…religious freedom, trade, indentured servitude, Yeoman ideal, etc…).
- What is the economy based on?
- What is the climate like?
- Life expectancy?
- Family life?
- Social hierarchy?
- Labor - who is doing the work?
- Anything that stands out? Makes your colony unique?
- What are the negatives or drawbacks about your region? Yes, you have to mention them.
Sources: You may start with your textbook. You need three additional and valid sources (books, library databases, etc..) (1 point)
- No ChatGPT or other AI allowed.
- You will need to turn in a bibliography in Chicago Manual of Style format. You may use a bibliography generator.