QUESTION: Were the colonists justified in their rebellion?
· The Enlightenment
· Salutary Neglect
· English Constitution
· Taxes in the colonies v. England
· P. 172-173 in the textbook give helpful primary sources
· 3 minute introduction to your main arguments
· 2 minutes to pose questions to the opposing side
**5 minute break to prepare responses to questions**
· 3 minute response
· 2 minute conclusion
· You MUST cite at least one primary source in your argument(s). For example: Common Sense, Letters to a Pennsylvania Farmer, Declaration of Independence, Two Treatise of Government, etc…
· You need at least three (valid) sources beyond your textbook.
· You will need a bibliography in Chicago Manual of Style format. You can email it to me along with your arguments
· Everyone should speak at some point in the debate. You may assign different parts to different group members.
· Please have your questions posted in the Collaboration space in OneNote by the start of the debate.
· Please have your arguments typed out to email to me.